This bursary is intended to defray the cost of attending the meeting and will be offered to participants whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation.
Applicants for the Travel Bursary must submit an abstract to BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019 for either oral or poster presentation as first/presenting author and belong to one of the following two groups:
Student ECI – Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, professional degree, or medical specialty program (e.g., bachelors, masters or PhD student; graduate student; medical student; neurology, neurosurgery or anesthesia resident or trainee; etc.)
Scholar ECI – Scholars with PhD, MD or equivalent degree who have been in a research training program for less than 5 years since obtaining their last degree (e.g., research fellow; postdoctoral associate; postdoctoral fellow; etc.)
The recipients of the travel stipends will be selected by the Program Committee of the Society based upon:
• An indication on the abstract submission form confirming the primary author is eligible for the award
• An indication on the abstract submission form of their desire to be considered for the travel stipend
• Exceptional quality of the submitted abstract. This is generally determined by the score the abstract receives in relation to all abstracts submitted by eligible members.
How to apply
In order to complete the bursary application you will first need to submit an abstract to BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019.
Registration is mandatory to apply for travel bursary.
Enter your information at the URL below and complete the online registration process by the deadline of abstract submission.
- 1. Please submit your abstract through the BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019 Abstract Submission System.
- 2. After abstract submission, you will receive a submission confirmation e-mail with your Abstract ID and password.
- 3. To complete your bursary application, please access your abstract page with your ID and password and upload all materials in PDF format.
- a CV of the primary author
- a letter of recommendation from your mentor/supervisor
- an appropriate proof of your status (e.g., certificate of enrollment, letter from a supervisor or department director, confirmation of two sponsoring society members)
- the ISCBFM membership confirmation
Notifications about Bursary Applications will be sent by January, 10, 2019 at the latest. Provision will be made for delegates receiving their notifications after the Early Bird Deadline. Funds will be provided to the award recipients at the congress venue.
Management Secretariat, BRAIN & BRAIN PET 2019
c/o Congress Corporation
Kohsai-kaikan Bldg., 5-1 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8481, Japan
TEL: +81-3-5216-5318 Fax: +81-3-5216-5552